Important Dates and Deadlines
|August 3, 2020
||Manuscript Submission Deadline (Oral presenters only)
|August 3, 2020
||Late-breaking Abstract Submission Site Opens
|August 19, 2020
||Late-breaking Abstract Submission Deadline
|September 3, 2020
||Late-breaking Abstract Accept/Reject Notification
|August 21, 2020
||Deadline to Withdraw Accepted Abstract
Access the abstract submission site.
Deadline: The deadline for electronic submissions for late breaking abstracts is August 19, 2020 at 11:59 PM ET.
Late-breaking abstract submissions are intended to allow for the timely presentation of high impact trials to AUGS meeting attendees. It is expected that these abstract submissions are from studies for which no preliminary data was available at the time of the abstract submission deadline (April 20, 2020).
This meeting feature is not a mechanism to update previously submitted preliminary data or to provide an opportunity for previously rejected abstracts to be revised and resubmitted for consideration.
Priority will be given (in the following order) to:
- Results of phase III clinical trials
- Results of phase II clinical trials
- Extraordinary findings from a basic science investigation
- Interim analyses of phase III trials that describe important secondary end points
- Prospective multi-institution clinical trials
The authors must fully describe all funding sources for their investigation.
Abstract Character Limit
- Title character limit: None
- Body character limit: There is a limit of 3300 (including spaces) characters for the text of your submission. You will be advised of your character count usage throughout the submission process as you save and move to the next step.
- Figures and Tables limit: You may add up to 2 figures and/or tables to your submission. Figures and tables will appear at the end of your abstract, both on the proof and for publication. Figures and tables cannot be placed within the text of the submission. Tables must be converted to an image and uploaded as a jpg, png, or gif file. Tables and figures will count as 560 characters towards your abstract character count.
- Please make sure you double-check your title, as it will be published as submitted.
- Use mixed case for title – do not use all caps or all lowercase. Do not put your title in quotation marks.
- Titles do not have a character limit.
- Do not include trial group name in title of abstract.
- Please consult with your co-authors on how they would like their names to appear. Please enter all authors in the order they should appear in the heading of the abstract. If you (the Contact Author) are not the Presenter on a submission, you will need to provide contact information on the Presenter.
- Relevant financial relationship(s) must be disclosed for ALL AUTHORS at the time of submission. If you do not have disclosure information for any co-authors, you will be allowed the opportunity to send them an email to complete their disclosure. All disclosures MUST be collected by the August 31 abstract deadline.
Responsibilities of the Presenting Author
The first author listed for each abstract serves as the presenting author and as the primary contact for all correspondence regarding the abstract.
The presenting author is responsible for the following:
- Ensuring that all authors have read the abstract and agreed to be co-authors.
- Notifying all co-authors of any additions, deletions, and changes to the program, as may be communicated by AUGS.
- Obtaining all the conflict of interest disclosures.
Omit all names and geographical references in the body of the abstract. Organize content in sections as follows:
- Objective: describes the research objective
- Methods: describes research methodology used
- Results: summarizes evaluation, including outcome data
- Conclusions: states the conclusions drawn from results
Disclose any 'relevant' financial relationships in accordance with the ACCME guidelines. The ACCME defines 'relevant' financial relationships as financial relationships in any amount occurring within the past 12 months that create a conflict of interest. List any financial interests, assistance, or relationships with companies, supporters, or commercial products related to the research (for example, ownership or partnership; research support; research grants; sponsors; stockholders, etc.). All listed authors/co-authors must have a completed disclosure within the online abstract management system.
Presentation Type and Category
- You will be asked to select the appropriate presentation type for your submission.
- Some submission types will have only one selection from which to choose.
- Select the appropriate category using the drop-down menus provided.
Product Name Usage
- For purposes of blind scoring, institutional names must be omitted whenever possible in the title and body of the abstract.
- Authors are requested to avoid the use of commercially branded names.
- If a specific device is only identifiable by its trade name, then this should appear in brackets after a generic description of the device.
- Should it be necessary to use a trade name, then the trade names of all similar products or those within a class must be used.
- Carefully check the proof of your abstract. Make sure all special characters and formatting are displaying properly in your proof.
- If you find errors, return to the appropriate step by clicking on the step name in the left-hand menu to make your corrections.
- You may return to the online submission site to revise your abstract until August 19, 2020 at 11:59 PM, ET.
- After this date/time, the submission site will close and no additional changes/edits can be made.
- If your abstract contains errors, you may opt to withdraw the abstract.
- If you have not completed all required sections and details you will not be able to submit.
- When all required information is entered, the "Submit" button will appear at the bottom of the "Confirmation" page.
- After August 31, presenting authors may submit a request to have an abstract withdrawn.
- To withdraw a submitted abstract, written notification must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This notification must include the title, authors and affiliations (as submitted), the control number, and the name, affiliation, phone, fax and e-mail of the submitter.
- We recommend using the "View Submission" page as part of this notification.
- For technical assistance, regarding the abstract submission site, contact The Conference Exchange technical support at 401-334-0220 between 8:30 AM and 6:00 PM, ET, Monday through Friday, or seven days a week using the feedback form.
- For general abstract inquiries, email email@example.com.
- After the submission site closes, completed abstracts will be peer reviewed.
- All abstracts will be blinded for review, meaning the abstracts will be reviewed without knowledge of the author/s, institution/s or disclosure information.
- Accepted abstracts will be selected as oral, oral poster or poster