Abstract submission for PFD Week 2017 is now closed.
AUGS accepts abstracts for oral, poster, and video presentations.
Work submitted for presentation at this meeting may not have been previously published, and may not have been previously presented at another national Obstetrics and Gynecology (SGS, ACOG, AAGL) or Urology (SUFU, AUA) meeting. Please do not submit case reports as they are not permitted and will not be reviewed. Abstracts that have been presented at non-OBGYN or Urology meetings will be accepted for poster presentation only and will not be eligible for prizes.The author must list where and when the research was presented at the bottom of the abstract when submitted. It is acceptable, however, for it to have been presented at an international meeting outside the United States.
The following are the guidelines for all oral, poster, or video abstract submissions:
1. DEADLINE: The deadline for electronic submissions for abstracts is April 5, 2017 11:59 pm ET.
2. ABSTRACT LIMIT: There are no restrictions on the number of submissions you may submit or on the number of submissions you may present.
3. CHARACTER LIMIT: There is a limit of 3300 (including spaces) characters for the text of your submission. You will be advised of your character count usage throughout the submission process as you save and move to the next step.
4. FIGURES AND TABLES: You may add up to 2 figures and/or tables to your submission. Figures and tables will appear at the end of your abstract, both on the proof and for publication. Figures and tables cannot be placed within the text of the submission. Figures will count up to 560 characters, but the exact count will depend on the size of the figure. For reference, the characters will be deducted from your total character-count once uploaded. Tables count as 50 characters per row, or can be uploaded as a figure.
5. TITLE AND BODY: The title should be entered in upper case. Do not put your title in quotation marks. Do not use formatting tags in the title (with the possible exception of the lowercase tag). You may copy and paste your submission body into the appropriate sections.
6. SPECIAL CHARACTERS and FORMATTING: If you copy and paste the title and/or body of your submission from your word processor, special characters should transfer, but formatting will not transfer. You can insert special characters and/or formatting tags using the Special Characters Palette. To access the palette, click on the "Special Characters" button located on the Title/Body page.
7. DISCLOSURES: Disclose any 'relevant' financial relationships in accordance with the ACCME guidelines. The ACCME defines 'relevant' financial relationships as financial relationships in any amount occurring within the past 12 months that create a conflict of interest. List any financial interests, assistance, or relationships with companies, supporters, or commercial products related to the research (for example, ownership or partnership; research support; research grants; sponsors; stockholders, etc.). All listed authors/co-authors must complete a disclosure via the online abstract management system.
8. PRESENTATION TYPE AND CATEGORY: You will be asked to select the appropriate presentation type for your submission. Some submission types will have only one selection from which to choose. Select the appropriate category using the drop-down menus provided.
9. AWARDS: Accepted abstracts will only be considered for an award if you indicate your interest in Step 3. AUGS awards up to seven prizes.
10. INSTITUTIONS/AFFILIATIONS: You will be asked to enter all the institutional affiliations for your authors prior to adding the authors. You do not need to enter institutions in a particular order to be able to designate author affiliations. After entering all affiliations, you will proceed to the next step of adding authors and then associating them with the already entered affiliations.
11. AUTHORS: Please enter all authors in the order they should appear in the heading of the abstract. If you (the Contact Author) are not the Presenter on a submission, you will need to provide contact information on the Presenter.
12. VIDEOS: If you are uploading a video abstract, please click on the "Step 7: supplemental data" button on the left panel in order to upload your video. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .mpg or .mpeg. Note: there is a strict 10 minute time limit on all videos.
13. ABSTRACT PROOF: Carefully check the proof of your abstract. Make sure all special characters and formatting are displaying properly in your proof. If you find errors, return to the appropriate page by clicking on the page name in the left-hand menu to make your corrections.
14. COMPLETING YOUR SUBMISSION: If you have not completed all required sections and details you will not be able to submit. When all required information is entered, the "Submit" button will appear at the bottom "Proof and Submit" page.
15. NOTIFICATIONS: Notifications will be emailed in early June.
Video Submission Guidelines: